Wednesday, March 20, 2013

my God answers prayers.

The last few weeks in life have been crazy busy but amazingly joyful at the same time. I recently got a surprise birthday trip to go back to Oregon for the weekend and let me tell you it was so refreshing for my soul in many many ways. I couldn't really see it until after I got back and I really had time to reflect on things that it was all apart of God's plan from the beginning. From accidentally getting more time off work than i had originally requested, to the surprise birthday party that my loving friends threw me because they know exactly how to speak to my heart to just the amazing sister bonding time and one cant forget the special moments with my beautiful niece and family. My weekend would have been complete at that. As sunday came, I got to go to church (something that is often rare in Canada because my work schedule is so all over the place) I was delighted to be back in my home church, hearing beautiful worship and listening to Pastor Steve. Little did I know that God was already moving and preparing hearts to get know/trust/walk/desire Him. As I was sitting in church praying desperately for a person i love dearly next to me ( I will leave their name out because I havent formally talked to them about writing this yet) I was praying that God would just continue to touch and comfort them through this sermon on Paul's conversion. They had not been to Calvary much and were still 'trying it out'. Towards the end of the service I just kept repeating the prayer to God, "please let them go up and receive prayer, please let them go up and receive prayer, God they need you, they need your comfort, your perpective, you to rule, to be King." We moved into our last song of worship as the sermon had been over and my spirit was stirring. God was moving. A little tug on my shoulder and I was asked to go up with this person to receive prayer. Unsure of what the prayer was for, I helped pray with this person to recommit their life fully to Christ. AMEN. Hallelujah the Angels in heaven are rejoicing. My God is a God that saves. My God is a God that hears. My God is a God that answers prayers. I had to share this experience because not only was someone close to me truly brought into the family of God but my faith was strengthen as my King answered one of the most beautiful prayers right in front of my face. He is so Good. He is so giving and I will choose to follow and trust in Him all of my days.

No comments: