Monday, April 1, 2013

school loans, trusting God, provision indeed.

A very wise man once told me that debt is bondage. It doesn't matter the type of debt, it still keeps you held down to owing money to someone for something. This has been a true statement for me ever since I graduated University in 2009. Just to give you a piece of my heart, there has been many times since graduating college that I have regretted even going to college at all. 60,000 dollars later and I have nothing to show for my degree but a piece of paper. It's a really heavy feeling when all you want to do is share the gospel with people in Asia and be submersed into full time mission. But God is always oh so gracious. In every season that He calls us to and brings us through His hand is upon us. I am feeling his grace right now. Its an overwhelming feeling. God has been gracious to grant Ryan and I jobs that make it able to pay some of these loans off, He has been gracious to help us learn to spend our money wisely and still be in a position where we can give to those who are making a difference in His kingdom. I want to give him all the glory. To be honest, this is the first time in my adult life that I have money to always fill up my gas tank, buy groceries, save and give. Although I know this too is a season and things will change when Ry and I make our way back to Asia, none of this would have been possible without His provision, grace, love, mercy and encouragement.>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I want to encourage young adults around the globe, to trust in the heavenly father, especially regarding finances. He is gracious to provide in his timing. He calls us to work. To work hard. To trust Him. At times that may look like a fast food job and making a wage lower than you think you deserve. At times that may be stepping into your life 'career' and watching God use you to provide for missionaries around the world. Whatever the case may be, we seve a God that deserves all the glory when things are good and go right and we serve a God that deserves all of us even then things are hard. When you feel like you cant pay your bills or fill up your tank with gas. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Along with encouraging you to trust God with your finances, I want to urge you to act responsible. If you are planning on going to university, educate yourselves on school loans, interest rates and create a plan that will help you graduate without 60,000 in debt. (You never know how God is going to use you after school, it may not even be with your degree). If you are out of school, and are struggling to pay your loans, figure out a budget, a plan and stick to that. Its going to be hard work but the pay off is so much greater when you can trust in the Father and give Him the Glory!>>>>>>>> On a last note, God is continually redeeming my heart when it comes to going to school. While feeling like it was pointless, I see that not only was there a VERY IMPORTANT reason for me going to school, (Christ found me.) It has also taught me amazing lessons of learning how to struggle and trust in my Father to provide for the things that I need. Thank you LORD. >>>> Romans 8:28 'And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who called according to his purpose.'

No comments: