Sunday, January 20, 2013

Visas, devotionals, waiting and hearts

My anticipation and excitement grows as I wait in patience for my visa to go through, a long wait a may be but a trusting one. For those of you who don't know, when you marry someone from another country and you move to their country and you are trying to get a job where you want to work, well let's just say its not an easy process. The last 6 months have consisted of gathering a lot of paperwork, filling out forms, tears from feeling overwhelmed and of course lots and lots of prayers for direction, patience, peace and hope. I now have sent my visa off and the excitement is growing, I have been prays no for a miracle to be honest, that God would provide the visa in miraculous timing and while I want to be hopeful, I am quite doubtful...this has been a hard season of life. Period. While don't get me marriage has been amazing, this season of life has been one of the hardest in a different way. a lonely way. Coming into the new year I was not satisfied with feeling lonely. I was not going to let the enemy continue to feed off of my negative lost feelings. I was going to continue to press into the Lord when times were hard and when I felt like he was distant. I have proceeded to do just that and it's amazing how God has taken me and gently warmed my heart. How he has taken me through this season and given me what has felt like a fresh start. He has reminded me of what it means to fall in love with my Savior again. He had reminded me that every difficult season has a purpose behind it and He never gives us more than we can handle and more than that He has reminded me of His constant unfailing love for me through His Ultimate Sacrifice of Jesus. Although this season has been hard, I wouldn't change it for the world, He is always always good. I am thankful for that. May He be glorified in all season, times and hours. He is worthy of all the praise and glory.

1 comment:

Danika said...

Thanks for sharing your heart Noel. I'll be remembering to pray for you (just wrote it on my whiteboard in my room even). And would love for you to pray for me as I'm in a relationship with someone from another country and we will be beginning some visa things in the upcoming months. It all looks so daunting and the only thing that gives me grounding is remembering God is good and sovereign. Love you girl!