Monday, May 21, 2012

faithfulness in the midst of the engagement season.

I am once again constantly reminded of how faithful that our Father in heaven is. I havent written in a while for a couple of reasons, one because I have been too busy to write, second because I feel like I havent had much to say. That is because I am currently in one of the most interesting seasons of life. The engagement season.... Dictionary.com defines engagement as a couple of things: 1. the act of being engaged or engaging 2. an appointment or arrangement. 3. betrothal 4. a pledge, obligation or agreement. The Bible doesn't exactly define engagement but it shows it in a couple of ways: -In Genesis(24): We see the process of courtship when Rebekah gets chosen to be the wife for Isaac and it was a process of praying and seeking the Lord, of trusting that she would be allowed to come back to become Isaac's wife. and that was that, She returned to Isaac not even knowing him, and was to be come his wife. -In Esther(2): We see a process of women being prepared before hand to be chosen by the king, for courtship (well sex) But in this case it brings up an interesting point.... 'Now when the turn came for each young women to go in to King Ahasuerus, after being twelve months under regulations for the women, since this was the regular period of their beautifying six months with oil of myrrh and six months with spices and ointments for women...' -Basically there isn't much on a 'courting' or 'engagement' season of life in the bible. People were usually in arranged marriages and that was that, they just got to it and got married. (I just added these two stories because I have always found them to be so interesting.) The American Society would seem to define engagement in a couple of ways: -A fun season right before marriage where a couple plans a wedding ceremony and reception to celebrate starting their life together or -a difficult season where the stresses of finances and figuring out how to plan a wedding, honeymoon, and life that follows. (I may be generalizing a little bit here) Okay, so now back to why i truly felt led to write this morning...This has been a difficult season for me and I am a person that just wants to be honest about where I am at for the sake of anyone else that is going through the same exact thing. Throughout this entire season, I know that I can say two things for certain. God, the Creator of the Universe is BEYOND faithful in all situations, and I CANNOT wait to marry my best friend in the entire world. I am in a process of learning what it means AGAIN to completely rely on My Father in Heaven. Life is good. Jobs are good. Friends are good. I am seriously blessed beyond believe with amazing support. You might even be wondering why I am writing today because I am pretty freakin blessed. Dont get me wrong, I am definitely blessed. But in the midst of this blessing, I have to realize on a daily basis, on an hourly basis that God is my center. Its not about me. Its about Him. Its not about how hard I work, Its about Him working through me. Its not about money, its about trusting in Him to provide. Its not about seeing my fiance before the wedding, by more so about the work that He is doing in each of us as we are apart from one another. I feel so incredibly blessed to serve a God that doesnt give up on me, even when I am overwhelmed and want to give up on myself. I feel so blown away that the Creator of the Universe would be so inclined to care about the depths of my heart and the daily to-do lists that I need to get done. I am blown away by how gracious the King is when I choose to do something else than spend time with him. He always remains faithful even when I seem to be faithless. You may be asking Why? Why would a God continue to love and give and provide and give rest and hope when I have chosen to do things on my own? I HAVE NO IDEA. I am undeserving but yet Its just who he is. AMAZING 'No, in all these things we are more than conquers through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the LOVE of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.' (Romans 8:37-39) Take hope, dear friends, Life is rough, especially sometimes when its supposed to be the most joyous season of your life, But God is doing a work in your life. He is doing a work in my life. Its just a process of getting a different perspective on it and trust in the One that has paid the price and offered you UNCONDITIONAL love. Thank you Father that you always amaze me. Your love is always refreshing and new and that you are constantly faithful. Bring on the Marriage Season where I am sure God will continually be amazing me in his faithfulness.

No comments: