Tuesday, March 13, 2012

a thankful heart to start year 25.

'Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Do ALL things without grumbling or questioning, that you shall be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the WORD OF LIFE, so that in the day of Christ, I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith. I am glad and rejoice with you all. Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me.' (Philippians 2:12-18)

This is just a beautiful reminder today as I sit here feeling completely blessed on my 25th birthday. I have been so blessed to live the life that I have lived and to so much of the world, I am practically living as a princess. To God, I am his princess, His chosen daughter and I will walk out his will boldly in my life. This is the commitment that I make to myself and to God today on my 25th birthday, This life is not my own, I will walk where He wants me to walk, I will run where he wants me to run, I will rest where he wants me to rest and I will let him be King over my life. I will work on having a joyful outlook that walks in trusting My Father and the will that He has on my life. He has been nothing but Good. Nothing but Faithful. It blows me away to think about actually. As much as I want to say that I am doing it on my own, Its much like Paul was speaking in these verses, 'work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, FOR IT IS GOD WHO WORKS IN YOU, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.' I can only be surrendered to what He wants to do in and through me. Father, I am ready, I am yours, I am surrendered and falling on my knees...

I am so very thankful for the times that my parents took me to church when I was younger, while I couldn't see the path that God had planned for me or the adventure that He has me on for most of my adult life, I recognized very early that Jesus was my Savior. He was the Way the Truth and the Life. I am thankful that I get to walk in this light and I have the freedom to share it. I am thankful that God has called me to be a part of his kingdom and advancing it. I am thankful that I have found a man that will push me to walk in the light and walk in the direction that God is calling me to. I am thankful for the most supportive friends and family who truly believe in me. I am thankful for China, for all the adventures that God has for me, the hard times that are bound to come and I am thankful that above anything else, I have My Father who will never leave me or abandon me. All the praise and glory be to you My King.
Here is to a good year, lead by Christ....

No comments: