Wednesday, September 18, 2013

the fog has lifted.

Let me start off with a little bit of a disclaimer in this blog post: This is my heart (not my husbands or those around me), raw and exposed, in no way is it to bring anyone down but rather its a way to share what God has been teaching me through the process of life. Life is messy and with that said,I would like to share with everyone where my heart and head have been the past few weeks.>>> Now you may be wondering what that disclaimer is about and without going into detail for the sake of those I love and respect around me, lets just say a lot has been changing in our church. When things change in churches people tend to fall on both sides of the fence, it can get messy. Hearts can get hurt. People damaged. Unfortunately it seems that is exactly where things have come to. When things come to this is can be very easy to focus our eyes off of Christ, and on to people, or ourselves, our wants, needs, hurts, desires. Its human nature for us to do this. I myself can say that I have been guilty of this lately. Sometimes its taking a step back from everything to refocus our eyes on the VERY ONE we are trying to serve. Sometimes its processing, venting, praying, worshiping, uniting, hugging but above all else we MUST refocus our hearts to the very one we are trying to serve. No matter how hurt, damaged, frustrated, angry, happy, challenged and overwhelmed. I woke this morning and it truly seemed like the fog had lifted. Now i know this isnt going to be the same for those around me but for me i was overjoyed. I wanted to worship at the feet of Jesus. My heart was THANKFUL. My heart IS thankful. These words jumped right off the page and glued themselves to my heart this morning. >> Psalm 86-10-13 says 'For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. For great is your steadfast love towards me; you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.'>> Our God is GOOD! He is so Good. In his goodness and graciousness He saved us. He saved us from HELL. Wouldn't we want to believe that this same good God, this ABBA Father would want to redeem the hard situations of the church. Not the way we want them to be redeemed but the way HE wants them to be redeemed. People are messy and so are situations but God is so gracious to not give us more than what we can handle and exactly what we need. Lets take our eyes off of ourselves and our human situations today and focus on why Christ has called us to be set apart. On why we are called to set aside our differences and love one another kindly and gently. I pray that the fog will be lifted from those around me that are hurting and that they too would be able to refocus on CHRIST. Amen.

No comments: