Friday, August 2, 2013

From Tim Hortons to Baby Breker.

Ah once again I begin to write. With so much JOY in my heart. Its been quite a while since an update was given and so so much has changed. A month and a half ago I quit my job at Tim Hortons. For most of those who know me you know that was the best decision I could have made for myself, my body, my marriage, my heart, my emotions and everything else in between. It was beating me down in more ways than one. And over the past year at work, it was hard to be a Christian. It was hard to choose Christ everyday rather than hate the rude people around me. Believe me, it seemed like almost on a daily basis I was being conflicted with that choice. There are many many words I know that I could say about working there, many of which are not good and thats part of the reason why I haven't really even written anything in the past month and a half. I have been giving my heart time to heal. Time to take everything in. To take a step back and just trust that God is bigger and has better things in store even though I had NO CLUE what that was going to look like.>>>During the month before deciding to finally quit, I feel like God gave me some clear direction that it was okay to let go and step back from the job. I was to quit and trust him completely for what was in store. So many thoughts ran through my head, Will my husband be upset that I am not working? How will we pay down our school loans? How can we survive on one income? How can I not be lazy and waste my time? How will I fill my time? How do I really trust God and commit to this? Question after question stirred in my head and a simple "Trust Me" was all i needed from my Father to know that everything was going to be taken care of, and that HE IS IN CONTROL.>>> Fast Forward 4 weeks, I had quit my job at TH and Ryan and I were jumping on a plan to Oregon for holidays. The week went by, visiting friends and family, enjoying amazing food, coffee, beer, conversations, adventures. Not to mention being REALLY tired and peeing quite often... then it happened, you guessed it, We found out we are expecting. A little bambino. A peanut. A child, so precious and so perfectly planned in the Father's Eyes. What an amazing experience to get to share with our closest friends and family while we were there. And now to get to share with all people who are apart of our life. We arent sure whats a head and daily its a constant surrender to know that God is in control and His way is truly best. I often think that if I hadnt been obedient to quitting TH would God have given us this precious gift. I am not truly sure but it definitely change my perspective, my calling and my wildest dreams overnight. I am excited for this next season of life. I am ready for the challenges and the joys that it brings and I have to constantly remind myself that God is good. His plans for me are good. The last year I have learned a lot about myself, my Father and trusting Him. I am sure its in preparation for what is ahead. I am excited for it.>>> 'Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rives in the desert.' Isaiah 43:19

No comments: