Sunday, July 10, 2011

7.10.11

So i write again. Sundays really arent the best days to write because well honestly, I stare at a computer 6 other days of the week for hours on end and the last thing i want to do is stare at it some more on sunday. ha..but with that said, I find that writing my thoughts about the things that I am learning really just allows for me to more deeply process them.

I just want to start by saying that God is good. always. I am being continually blow away by his word. This week we have moved into the book of Revelation which is our last book before we move into the Old Testament and let me tell you this book is AWESOME. For so long I have just been so scared about what this book is saying when what I am really learning is that God is so freaking awesome and that Christ is beyond victorious in it. I am so blown away by what is packed into this book and the ways those in heaven are just continually worshipping the Lord.

In class on friday, we were talking about worship in the throne room as our speaker had got to that part of the book (chapters 4 and 5) and then it led into our own worship. With a cross cultural school and a number of different languages the words 'Holy holy holy is the Lord God Almighty who was and is and is to come!" had never had such an impact on me. With my eyes closed and hearing those languages spoke out around me, i stood in awe of the beauty of the Lord and the worship of his people. All different yet all the same. All beautiful and perfectly created in His image. Wow. He is so worthy.

As the weeks have been just passing me by, I am finding that God is really just taking me back to the beginning of why He called me here. I would never imagine that Taiwan would have such a crucial impact on my life...but i see that in just a short time He has already been speaking into the promises that he has been sharing with me for years. The promises that he has been revealing little bit little. It truly is amazing. I dont know why i ever doubt the amazingness and provision of this BIG God that i serve. As my brain is just over flowing with thoughts, I just want to encourage you all to cling to the only one who is truly worth it. Fall at his feet because He is so gracious to give you the good things that he has promised you.

"Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to recieve glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created."

I praise you Father that your mercies are new everyday. I praise you for the hard days and challanges of charting, for the hard challenges of language. I praise you for your gospel and your complete provision. You alone are worthy of my praise.

Amen.

No comments: