Saturday, February 20, 2010

sooo much joy.

Ephesians 3:17-20

'I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have the power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work in us.'

I cant even begin to share my heart with you or how God is working in me. He is continuing to heal parts of my heart that i didnt even know were hurting. His provision for my life spiritually and financially has been so amazing to watch. These past few weeks with support raising have been quite...difficult. As God has been teaching me to just rely on Him. To trust His goodness and word.

The other night, I was hanging out with friends, and to make a somewhat long story short, I felt like my friend needed some money. God has been showing me a ton about how the money I receive and the money I make and work for is not my money but His money. So anyways, I gave her $20. No more than 5 minutes later, another friend of mine pulled me aside, and handed me a check for $500 dollars for my DTS. Can you believe that??? I was blown away on how God responded. Not only did he show up in mighty ways, He has remained faithful the entire time.

I am discovering in this road of raising support that i do have quite a bit of pride when it comes to asking people for money. I also have a hard time when someone just openly wants to support me. I just dont seem to understand it. I do know, and believe that God is good and he works in amazing ways. I am really trying to connect whats in my heart to whats in my head. I understand that sometimes there is a misconnect that just puts that wall up. God is breaking me of this. He wants to use me for mighty ways for His Kingdom. ALL FOR HIS GLORY.

With 3 weeks to go, I am finding myself trusting the Lord more and leaving my finances to Him. I find that its so easy for me to have faith in the big stuff, but sooo hard for me to have faith in the little stuff. Which seems backwards to me...There is still a lot to raise, a lot to be done and a strong desire to seek the Lord as much as possible in Salem.

This Sonshine is capturing my heart.

No comments: