Wednesday, February 24, 2010

just a thought.

So God has really been opening my eyes. I realized a couple things the other day.. I, one, leave in less than 3 weeks, while this is quite the experience for me as, I have never been completely away from my family and "family"..nor have i never has quite the family as i do now.. I got the first taste of sadness, nervousness, and loneliness when Beth left to go back to school yesterday. Realizing that I wont get to see her for 8 months really just bummed me out. Its amazing how God works through people who you can just meet and become soo close with. AMAZING. On the opposite end of this, I know that God is preparing me for such a community like I've never experienced before. Although I have no expectations for what God is going to show me, do in me, and how he is going to use me. I know with my heart of hearts that he will provide people to build me up and help me grow. That is the amazing part of being relational beings.

I think I might be led to live a life of intercessory prayer? This is defined as: intercessory prayer is prayer for others. An intercessor is one who takes the place of another or pleads an other's case. One study Bible defines intercession as "holy, believing, persevering prayer whereby someone pleads with God on behalf of another or others who desperately need God's intervention."

We are called to live a life with Jesus as our go-to man. He led such a life of intercessory prayer. As New Testament believers, we no longer sacrifice animals as in Old Testament times. We stand before the Lord to offer up spiritual sacrifices of praise (Hebrews 13:15) and the sacrifice of our own lives (Romans 12:1). It is on the basis of this intimate relationship with God that we can then stand "between" Him and others, serving as an advocate and intercessor in their behalf.

Peter uses two words to describe this priestly ministry: "Holy" and "royal." Holiness is required to stand before the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). We are able to do this only on the basis of the righteousness of Christ, not our own righteousness. Royalty is descriptive of the kingly authority that is delegated to us as members of the "royal family," so to speak, with legitimate access to the throne room of God.

I really don't know if that is what God is calling me too, but in the meantime, I'll just pray.
thank you Sonshine for coming out today in the midst of the rain!!!!
God is good. so good.

No comments: