Friday, January 6, 2012

on the road again...

its almost that time to be on the road again. I am finishing up the lovely time that I have gotten to spend in Canada with Ryan's amazing family. And when I say amazing I definitely mean it. Such a true picture of sacrificial love and such givings hearts I have been beyond blessed being here. Sometimes I feel like I could just stay here forever because its so nice.

I know that its getting to be that time where I have to again face reality. I come before you all just asking first and formost for prayer. The last 3 weeks have been such a sweet time of rest. For my body, soul and spirit. Its now time to tackle life at its fullest. All with new exciting things ahead. I know that God is faithful and I know that His plan and direction is perfect even when at times it doesn't seem like we can see what is ahead. I kind of feel this way right now. In the grand scheme of things I am asking for God to do the impossible but I serve and trust and believe in a God that can do the impossible. His absolute truth and word tells me this.

"Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.' (Matt 17:20)

But Jesus looked at them and said,"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matt 19:26)

These two reminders really hit home today as I think about the impossible things that are ahead. Things that to the normal person would seem as if life is sinking and there would be no way to over come what is in front of me. I know that God has called me to work hard, I must first work hard at seeking first the kingdom of heaven. That is where my life comes from. It does not come from monetary gain. It does not come from doing it all on my own but it comes from a surrendered heart that trusts fully in my father to provide in those desperate times of need. To do the things that only HE can do.

My heart is on full board to just completely trust what God has for me. I find myself going back to this verse over and over again. I am beginning to think its my verse for 2012....
'And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.' (Romans 8:28)
I believe that God has called both Ryan and I to come to Oregon. That is what we are doing. It would have been so much easier to just stay in Taiwan at times and study the bible. This next adventure is going to be trusting God to lead and direct our relationship. To show us how to work for the kingdom in the midst of the 'real world'. Its going to be trusting God for the impossible like jobs and visas and all that jazz. Please, and I say Please from the bottom of my heart be praying for us. We need prayer....

>That we would have a continual desire and urge to dig deeper in a relationship with the Lord and trusting him FULLY for what he has in store for us. We know that He is a good Father and that He only has our best interest in mind.

>For a Job for me to really start saving and be able to pay my monthly bills. This is something that it definitely needed as to be honest, I am basically living on nothing. I know that God will provide and i trust him completely. I am just looking for him to open the door for the right job.

>Visa situation with Ryan, This one is really tricky and with the laws we are really not sure where to go from here but just trusting that God knows the plans that He has for the future for us. Ryan is planning on doing a reading course with YWAM in Oregon so he will still technically be in missions at this point. We are trusting that God will continue to provide financially for Ry as well also just showing him his purpose in Oregon as he continues to dig deeper in studying the bible and theology.

> Lastly if you could be praying that God would be showing us how to get plugged in with the local community and churches. We are going to be looking for opportunities to give out what we have learned for the last nine months and really reach out to a church.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I would love to sit down with any of you and just talk about life and catch up. Please get a hold of me if you are interested in learning more about what went on in my life the last nine months or if you just want to hang out...i am down for that too. :)

1 comment:

Blake said...

noel! my phone number is still 503 990 1912. I have had a few phone changes since you left so I dont have yours anymore! I really want to see you!

Blake