Monday, January 23, 2012

a day of productive things.

Home at last. Home at last. Yet at the same time it doesnt really seem like home at all. This time is different. There is a different agenda and God is so graciously letting me get back into the swing of things on his timing. I have yet to find a job but i think that has probably been a blessing in disguess that I dont quite understand. I have been able to really have sometime to adjust back into real life and hang out with some of the most beautiful people in the world. My friends and family that is. The time to really just reflect on SBS and fall more in love with Ryan has been awesome. I am currently doing my best to just keep myself busy and really looking forward to serving and seeking the Lord however he desires of me. I am realizing more and more that seeking God in a situation where you arent required to sit down and study for 8 hours is hard work. I am realizing its harder work than being forced to study.( Not that I was every really 'forced' to study the bible) But with that said I am allowing myself to come surrendered to the feet of Christ. Coming surrendered really has allowed me to see that its not always about the feel good situations, its not even about the amount of time that I am able to spend set aside with the Lord, but its the quietness that I can bring myself to before him in understanding that he is going to show me and speak to me exactly how he wants to. Its trusting that My Creator is going to show up in unexpected ways and greet me with the loving compassion that He has. He is continually good. Even when I dont have a clue what is going to happen next. Believe me I have no clue at this point...but he knows and that gives me so much rest for my soul.

This has been the verse of my day.
'Be strong and courageous. Do no fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.' (Deut 31:6)

I thank you Father that you are always there. That you are always the one that remains constant.
God is good. ALL THE TIME.

No comments: